The National APIDA Panhellenic Association (NAPA) has heard and listened to individuals’ call to action and commits to combating sexual misconduct.
National APIDA Panhellenic Association (NAPA) organizations set the gold standard for Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) fraternities and sororities. Consequently, sexual misconduct has no place in NAPA or the organizations within NAPA.
NAPA is a non-governing body and does not regulate the operations of members. However, we have heard and listened to individuals’ call to action in regards to sexual misconduct, and will be taking the following steps so that survivors are adequately supported and NAPA organizations are equipped to prevent and eliminate sexual misconduct:
- Create an extensive resource guide for survivors, allies, and memberships in need of training and consultation services, to be available permanently on the NAPA website.
- Assist in facilitating conversations between member organizations when applicable.
- Propose the incorporation of requirements for adequate sexual misconduct policies by all NAPA organizations as part of Membership and Accountability Standards within the NAPA Policy Manual.
- Propose implementation of infractions related to sexual misconduct as part of Membership and Accountability Standards within the NAPA Policy Manual.
- Provide ongoing resources on topics related to sexual misconduct including, but not limited to: workshops, webinars, and training sessions for NAPA and community members.
- Organize discussions with the 2020 NAPA Board for members and leadership to share what they would like to see improved in NAPA organizations.
NAPA remains committed to combating sexual misconduct, and will share additional information regarding the actions listed with NAPA members at a later time. We recognize this is only one step towards holding APIDA Greek organizations to the high standards expected of NAPA organizations, and that it will require a collective, continuous, and consistent effort to address. If you would like to propose an initiative, please contact email@example.com.
If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual assault or sexual misconduct, help is available at RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network). RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization that provides resources like the National Sexual Assault Hotline, a free, confidential 24/7 hotline to support survivors:
- Website: https://www.rainn.org/
- Phone Number: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Live Chat: https://hotline.rainn.org/
NAPA organizations set the gold standard for Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) fraternities and sororities. In addition to meeting the association’s base standards, NAPA member organizations are exposed to resources and expertise to help them continually improve and be the best they can be. Universities, Greek Councils, and students want the best APIDA fraternities and sororities on campus and they can find them in NAPA.
Bilal Badruddin, Chair
National APIDA Panhellenic Association