NAPA is currently conducting a research study to better understand and illuminate the undergraduate experience within Asian American Greek letter organizations (AAGLOs)! Findings from this study will inform student affairs professionals about the unique role and opportunity for cultural identity development. Learn more here!
Please let us know if there are more you’d like to add to this list.
- “Asian Americans in Sororities and Fraternities: In Search of a Home and Place,” in Brothers and Sisters: Diversity in College Fraternities and Sororities (edited by Craig L. Torbenson and Gregory Parks). Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2008.
- Chan, Jachinson: “Asian American Interest Fraternities: Competing Masculinities at Play,” in Asian Pacific American Genders and Sexualities, ed. Thomas K.
- Chen, Edith: “The Continuing Significance of Race: A Case Study of Asian American Women in White, Asian American, and African American Sororities.”
- “Constructing a Non-Asian Identity: Asian American Sisters in ‘White’ Sororities,” in Changing Cultures from Within: Communication and Asian American Women (edited by Elizabeth Kunimoto). Kailua, HI: Patina Productions, LLC, 2006.
- Affirmations of Identity: The Story of a South Asian American Sorority (Accapadi)
- Asian American Women’s Perspectives on Historically White Sorority Life: A Critical Race Theory and Cultural Capital Analysis (Park)
- Bringing Diversity to Greek Life (Salem)
- Paradox of Participation: Nonwhites in White Sororities and Fraternities (Hughey)
- Race and the Greek System in the 21st Century (Park)
- To Be Mice or Men: Gender Identity and Perceptions of Masculinity through Participation in Asian American Interest Fraternities (Chang & Tran)
The NAPA Clearinghouse will be a hub for all research associated to Asian American Greek letter organizations. Publications and original research is conducted in this committee/departments. Currently, we are conducting literature review and in the research grant application process. For inquiries, please reach contact email@example.com.